Thursday, January 26, 2006

For the birds

Yesterday I tried to post these pictures and whatever I tried, the camera and dock did not work. One more try this morning and it worked fine.The flying cranes are paper cut-outs with all the pieces numbered. I will make another copy and as I applique,I will cut out each number and the "hole" will be used as a guide for the piece that has to be appliqued. The blue jay is one of the birds of my new bird quilt. It is about 7 inches tall. The 30 inch by 36 inch wall hanging came back from the quilters and I hope to have it ready for some shows this year.Why I did not quilt it? I have a lot of problems with my back and shoulders, so I can spend a limited amount of time on this kind of work. Since I love applique I decided to specialize in that and get the hand quilting done. Not a perfect solution, but it is the best I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment