The Critter Quilt
Hand-appliquéd by Renske Helmuth.
Hand-quilted by Minerva Clemmer.
The blocks in the center of this quilt were inspired by the botanical appliqués of Ellen Heck. Birds and borders were designed by Renske Helmuth.
Cover Quilt: The Canadian Quilter Newsletter (Fall 2004)
- 2004 Quilt Canada National Juried Show -- Best Traditional Wall Hanging; President's Award for Excellence in Appliqué; and Viewer's Choice Award
- 2004 World Quilt Show Grand Rapids, Michigan -honorable mention – Traditional
- 2003 Ontario Juried show -Viewer's Choice Award
Springtime in Ontario
(50” x 42”)
Hand-quilted by Minerva Clemmer
- 2003 World Quilt Competition (Lansing Michigan) -1st place of Country Canada
- 2002 Quilt Canada National Juried Show (Edmonton, Alberta) -winner in the Traditional Large category
- 2001 Ontario Juried Show (Kitchener, Ontario) -first prize and viewer's choice
- 2001 Waterloo County Quilters' Guild quilt show -Viewer's Choice
- 2000 International Quilt Festival (Houston, Texas) -honorable mention in the 2-person category
A Garden Bouquet of Flowers
(72” x 72")
- 1999 International Quilt Festival (Houston, Texas) -3rd place large traditional appliqué category
- 2001 Ontario Juried Show (Kitchener, Ontario) -honorable mention in the large category