I got some more work done on this quilt. The borders are 14 inches wide,but I think it will look better if I narrowed them down to about 11 inches. In the corners I made 2 mariner compasses. Two more to go in the bottom corners. If you have a look at the picture below you can see a third compass on the right. While I was working on that one yesterday everything went wrong and it is not usable. But I put it there to see if some added smaller compasses in the centers of the borders would add to it. And I think it does. These will only be 6 inches. Now I will have to be sure I have enough fabric.
But it will have to wait a few days. I'm all packed and ready to go. Tomorrow morning I will drive to Haliburton for a trunk show and then on Thursday a workshop.
The weather is great. Where yesterday there were only a few narrow leaves showing, there were crocusses today. Now we can also see what has to happen to the lawn. As soon as I'm back I will have to start cleaning and raking.
Today I found pots with pansies at a local nursery and I could not resist. Nothing brightens things up better near the back door than a big pot of pansies.