Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New card

We have been invited to a wedding this coming week-end and I wanted to make a fabric card.First I looked around for the largest envelope I could find, in this case a 6 by 9 inch one and a smaller evelope to stuff something in.Once this far I found a left-over rose from last week's project and I was on my way. The background and leaves are machine quilted on a piece of thick quilt bat. Now how to fasten the small envelope under the rose? First I tacked the top halve of the rose down by hand. The next step was to find a small piece of Velcro. One side is sewn to the back of the rose, the other side to the background of the card. One problem solved. Next I glued another piece of Velcro to the back of the small envelope. It is easy to attach the envelope. Loosen the bottom part of the rose, stick the evelope under the rose and the Velcro will hold it in place. Instead of a binding I used a zigzag stitch around the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment