Last week I showed you what we did on our first day. This time Tamara and her daughter Margareth joined us for the day.
The project this time was I Spy quilts. Over the years I have collected prints, from boats to lions to houses to bugs. Earlier in the year I conviced Laurence to help me cut up these fabrics in 5 inch squares and 21/2 inch strips.
Since he was at the cutting anyway we made enough squares for 8 quilts.
Jenny tackled the strips, the rest used squares.
Under the supervision of Jonas and Evelyn we did get a lot done.
Since I take a break from sewing, my job was to keep everybody fed and watered.
At the end of the day the quilt tops were taking shape.
Some will go to the Relief Sale we hope and some will be Smile Quilts to give to children in the hospital.
This is Jeanette's quilt, all ready to be quilted .Both this one and Emily's are being machine quilted as we speak.
The other 2 tops are also ready to go, but will be hand quilted. Margareth's will be hand quilted this coming week and if all works out, it will still make it for this year's Relief Sale.
This has been a fun project. I got to have family and friends here without having to do any sewing.
I'm finally working on some sashiko again. Once I have finished this project I might feel ready to tackle my botanical applique again.
This has been a busy week with our guild meeting on Wednesday and a visit to Toronto to Canada Blooms yesterday.
I love to see all the new plants for the coming year and as always the arrangements are gorgeous.
I did come home with a new helleboris and as soon as the snow is gone it will be planted in a special spot. I also came home with a few new bulbs. '
But looking outside I might be a while yet, before I can start digging. There is still a fair amount of snow on the ground.