Wednesday, August 31, 2011
AS you will have noticed, only the pictures from last week showed up. No matter how much I tried I could not get the rest to show up. Then we left for Jenny's for a few days and when I came home I had 1/2 bushel of tomatoes, peaches and cucumbers to can and pickle. All that is done and now it is back to quilt related activities. This orchid is my latest one to bloom. I received it in early spring from Jenny's mother-in-law. They were moving and she did not have enough room for all her orchids. I put it outside and one day I noticed a flower stem. It took a while, but it is in full bloom now. I will need a card for this coming week-end and I found this one already fused with selvages. On the Internet I found a suitable rose silhouette. I drew it on a piece of fused batik and cut the different pieces out. On the back I put another piece with flowers. Up to now I never had a place to write a short note. Last week I bought some satin ribbon. I also fused that and that will be my place to write a short note. I will have to finish the edges yet. I have been machine quilting and I do like it at all. In one more week I hope to be able to show you the result. Now let's hope Blogger will cooperate!