Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Back home again

I'm back home again after a good visit out west. It started with a visit to Shawn and Emily and it turned out to be the right time. Not too nice, so Shawn would be busy in the fields, but also no snow yet. That would come later. On Sunday they dropped me of at my sister-in-law Anne in Calgary. On Monday we visited the Glen Bow museum. I really enjoyed it and will be back. There is way to much to see in one day. Tuesday morning I was dropped of at the Hyatt and in the afternoon I attended the annual meeting of the Canadian Quilt Association, which was short and sweet. The teachers were taken out for supper at a nearby Chinese restaurant after which the show awards for the National Jureid Show were announced. And I'm happty to tell you that both quilts won an honorable mention. "Plain and Fancy", the quilt made and quilted by members of the Waterloo County Quilters Guild and friends won in the bed size category. This one meant a lot to me. To have co-ordinated a quilt with around 100 different quilters from beginners to advanced and then get an award at the National Show is fantastic. This quilt will now go to the quilt committee for the Relief Sale and it will be sold next year. "Oriental Treasures" won in the traditional wallhanging category. Once the awards were handed out, we could go and see the quilts. There were a lot of beatiful quilts, more than in other years. Then my work started. I taught for 4 days, 2 one day and 1 two day workshops. It is always a lot of work to get ready, but in the end it is worth the time and effort. I had great groups,coming from all over the country. And there was a lot of picture taking. Here is my "helper" being very helpful in holding up the sample. Evenings were busy with dinners and entertainment. In between I found time to go to the merchant's mall and I came home with more ribbons and beads. I promised myself to finish the crazy quilt blocks, put a border around it and have it ready for next year's show in London, Ontario. But that will have to wait a few more days. I came home on Sunday and that night we had a good shower. Everything looked so green here.And with all the warm weather the weeds grew like crazy. Beside mowing lawn and weeding the flower beds I will have to start putting my pots together. Maybe later today. We have another nice shower, so no more outside work for today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment