Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Now that the harvest is finished we are getting sunny weather again. Later tonight I will have to water some of the flowers. Have not done that for quite awhile. On Sunday we visited Jenny and she took us to Niagara for our anniversary. We had a great meal, overlooking the falls. I had thought that it would be very busy on a Sunday, but it was not. No problem finding a parking spot. I have been busy getting some new samples for workshops. This one is totally finished. Even the binding is on. The flowers are 3 dimentional and made with 1 inch wide shaded wired ribbon I just noticed now, that I should have turned the close-up a quarter turn. The leaves are fussy cut out of a fabric with bigger leaves.The green and black check used to be black and white.I dyed it last year with some left over dye and it wished I had done more.
I machine quilted it, using a variegated thread. Total size is about 21 by 21 inches.
Next week I should have another workshop[sample to show you.I want to make one more 2 day workshop, again with orchids and sashiko. Up to now, whatever I drew did not work, but this afternoon I managed to get something drawn up, that might work. I even found all the right fabrics, so tomorrow bright and early I will start on that one.
It will not be quite as busy on our farm for the next few weeks. By that time the white beans (of pork and bean fame) will be ready. So this will give me the time to work on the applique of the orchids, in this case yellow lady slippers. I did get a program to edit my pictures, but I think I need a tutorial to figure out how it all works.

No comments:

Post a Comment