Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pansies

Today was our guild meeting and we had a very good trunk show by Debbie Beirnes from Elmira. Lots of quilts, both large and small. On the way home I stopped at a nursery and bought my yearly box of pansies. Tomorrow they will be potted up and I will put them in my urns. A small taste of spring. The weather still will not cooperate, but there are promises for a sunny week-end.
Last week was busy with trunk shows and workshops . As usual it takes lots of time to get ready.
I find that putting things away after coming home is the biggest chore. And if I do not get it done right away, it seems it will not get done. Now I have a break for a few weeks.
I'm working hard on hand stitching my triangles and hexagons together, but it is slow process. At the same time I'm working on a small landscape. Both should be ready to show by next week.
This small quilt with daffodils I made a few years ago. It is hand appliqued and machine quilted with some trapunto in the corners. This time I wanted to see if I could quilt close together without making too many mistakes.
The flowers are made with wired ribbon and the roots are 4mm wide overdyed silk ribbon, twisted and sewn down. On Monday evening we were at the annual dinner for the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale. As usual there were about 25 large quilts hanging around the hall. It promises to be another great auction. Over 210 quilts have been donated this far. This also means, that the Waterloo County Quilt Show is nearing. I will give 2 trunk shows at the Church Theatre in St. Jacobs on the evening of May 22nd and the afternoon of May 23nd.

I do hope that by this time next week I will have real daffodils blooming around the yard.Besides that the corn planter is ready to go out to the field and the tractor is fueled up. Time to get going I was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment