Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year

Here we have a new year and lots of things going on. Tomorrow this time I will be on my way to Holland. We will celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. And I cannot miss that. Besides spending a lot of time with my mother I have a few other things on the calendar. One of my cousins and I will visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and my brother will take me to the Friesian Museum. Everything is diferent, when you do not have a car. I used to go with the train for 5 years to college. Since living in Canada I have never been on a train, except when I'm over for a visit, so I do not mind taking the train.
And I'm lucky enough to be able to go to the Friesian Horse Show on January 12th. That will bring back a lot of good memories.
But I had to be sure to finish a few projects. This is the 81/2 inch block for my Crazy Quilt Block workshop. I put it in a shadow box, what looks great, but did not photograph well.
A few months ago I finished the applique on my crane quilt. Most of the quilting has been done by my friend Florence. Part of the quilting is done in sashiko style. Once I'm back some more quilting lines have to be added. This crane is about 7 inches tall and consists of about 75 pieces. The white pieces are all out of one mottled fabric.
Since I will not have a computer for the next 2 weeks, this will not be updated till I will be back.

4 comments:

  1. Both pieces are beautiful!

    Enjoy Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt block is beautiful, but I especially love the crane! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful crazy quilting, and I love the crane. Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Have a wonderful time in Holland! Look forward to a great post when you get back!

    ReplyDelete