Saturday, August 03, 2013

An old friend

I have tried different times to blog, but I cannot get the pictures to load up.
Maybe it had to do with the fact, that the first try had over 10 pictures.
This will be short and sweet. It if works I will try again.
This week-end is our church's, Listowel Mennonite Church, 50 the anniversary. I was asked to phone Val Fleming, the owner of the Kaleidoscope of Nations quilt and see if she would loan her quilt to us for the week-end. She was willing and yesterday I drove to her place to pick the quilt up and Monday I will return it.
This quilt was sold in 2003 at the Mennonite Relief Sale in new Hamburg. You can find more information on my blog under Relief Sale Quilts.
We are in the middle of the wheat harvest, but it is going very slow. 31/2 inches of rain will do that. We have had a lot of rain. The flower beds look lush, but my planters are not doing well.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment